Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 31, 2018

Northern California

I took a trip to Northern California (where I grew up), partially to reminisce but mostly to research for a book I am in the process of writing. I hadn't been there for quiet a few years but given the events that occurred November 8th through November 28th, 2018, I was extremely fortunate to see a few places that had burned to ashes. November 8th, 2018 was when the wildfire named "Camp Fire" began and relentlessly burned 153,336 acres of land and towns, destroyed 18,804 buildings and as of this writing, claimed 86 lives (this information per Wikipedia and not confirmed).

In this photo set begins around the twin cities (Yuba City and Marysville) and goes up through to Chico. There also includes a few pictures of  The Honey Run Bridge also known as The Covered Bridge. This was the oldest example of a three span wooden bridge built in 1886. Unfortunately, this was also claimed by the Camp Fire. I feel truly lucky to have seen this bridge that was a big part of my life growing up around it.

My heart goes out to the victims families and people who were affected by the Camp Fire.


























No comments:

Post a Comment