Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 31, 2018

Maine

I have had this urge to visit Maine for as long as I can remember due to my obsession with Stephen King books. I must have read everything he had published until I had graduated from high school in the mid 90's. The descriptions of the small quiet towns, the edge of the the imposing woods, the houses that had thousands of stories to tell and the graveyards that make the hair in your neck stand on end sure did not disappoint.

I was there the week before Thanksgiving and couldn't have been happier to be there. I saw the places that inspired a few stories Mr. King had written, a cemetery that made me feel as if I was being watched intently, a few houses that have lived through many generations, a row of homes that were once owned by the Wood Barons of Bangor and was able to walk the streets admiring all these places; of course I was also able to see Mr. Kings house as well.

The air was crisp and refreshing, the snow fall was captivating as I hadn't seen actual snow fall in nearly a decade and the smell of the trees brought back memories of places I had loved as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment